Finding a book that is full of informative content can help you in many ways. If you are searching for a book on dog training, it’s possible that you might have read tons of information online, but a book is based on an author’s research. It’s a result of hard work and dedication and thus, it would be quite valuable. You just have to find the best one out there.
There are many topics besides dog training covered in the books and thus, with the help of some of the books it would be possible for you to know what healthy nutrients are essential for the health of your puppy, and a lot more.
What are some of the benefits?
- Through a dog training book, you can get all information in one place.
- The books are designed for your guidance.
- You can learn various fun exercises.
Thus, all you have to do is find a suitable book! Make sure you are keeping an eye on the buyer reviews for more information.
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Dog Training Books
When selecting the dog training books, consider the following:
- Valuable Information: It’s important that the dog training book you plan on investing is full of valuable information. Without quality information and content, it would not only be hard to grasp, but you would not learn anything particular about dog training.
- Topics Covered: You have to see what topics are covered in the book. You would be able to get this information from the details. Reading the topics covered would help you decide whether you should invest in the book or not.
- Author’s Credibility: When selecting a book on dog training, you have to see whether the author of the book is credible or not. If the author has a certain experience, you are likely to feel inclined to buy that particular book.
- Reviews: An important factor that helps in determining whether to buy a certain book or not is the reviews of the book. These reviews are by the current and past readers. Thus you can have a glimpse of the user’s experience when going through the review section.
- Title: Sometimes the title of the book is so catchy that you might want to get your hands on it as soon as possible! Thus, you should also focus on the other mentioned points apart from the catchy title of the book.
List of the Best Training Books of 2020:
10. Puppy Training: How to Housebreak
Dog training can become a lot easier when you are reading the right content. Thus, finding suitable information is important. Nowadays, you can find tons of information online, but nothing can beat the essence of a quality book. The length of this book is 77 pages and you have the audible book available as well. So for those who don’t want to read can actually listen to it. There are different tips and tricks to help you train your puppy. Read the details for more information.
- Audible book is available
- Learn tips and tricks to train puppies
- Learn mistakes to avoid
- Information not good enough for some
9. Dog Training for Kids
Sometimes when you get a dog home, it would be tough to explain to kids all about dog training. However, this book is specifically for kids! It can help them understand how to care for the little bundle of joy. This book can teach how to use the basic commands, training lessons for a dog, clever tricks, and a lot more. Check out the details for more information.
- Basic training lessons
- Clever tricks
- Fun games
- Content informative, but the bookbinding could have been better for some.
8. The Puppy Primer
Getting a puppy can be quite exciting, but it’s equally important to focus on its training. The earlier you start, the better! Get a book like this that can help you with the training in an engaging way. It’s easy to follow so you need not worry. Some of the topics included in the book are socialization, house training, positive reinforcement, and a lot more. There are different exercises included for you to try with the puppy. You can check the details to learn more about this book.
- Easy to follow
- Exercises to try with the puppy
- Humorous and engaging
- Not as expected for some
7. How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend
When you have a dog, you would be looking for ways to train it, and thus, a training manual like this one can come in handy. This book is a revised and updated edition. With the help of this book, it would be possible for you to understand the various aspects of your dog’s life. You would learn about training and a lot more such as where to get a dog, how to select, and a lot more. You can see the details for more information.
- Revised and updated edition
- Helps you understand various aspects of the dog’s life
- Basic training manual
- Outdated information for some
6. Training the Best Dog Ever
This particular dog training book is a 5-week training program designed on the basis of positive reinforcement. It can help you understand the different topics that are important to be clear especially when you have a dog. You can learn about potty training for dogs, being friendly with strangers, accepting bathing, and a lot more. You can see the details to learn more about this book.
- 5-week training program
- Discuss various topics
- Relies on positive reinforcement
- Not as per the expectations for some
5. The Complete Guide to Labrador Retrievers
If you or someone you know wants to get their hands on a guide that gives information on training of the Labrador Retrievers then take a look at this book! Using this book it would be possible for you to gather tons of information about Labrador Retrievers. Rather than surfing on the internet or asking people for a recommendation, it’s a good idea to hit the gold mine and take advantage of a suitable book. With the help of a book, you would be able to read thorough research of the author and thus, you need not worry.
- Guide to Labrador Retrievers
- Variety of topics
- Not as such
4. How to Raise the Perfect Dog
A simple look at the book would tell you how catchy the title is! With the help of this book, you would be able to get tons of information like what your expectations should be as your puppy grows and what to expect at each stage. You would learn what nutrition is important for the dog. It can guide you about the significance of vaccination. You would learn how to develop obedience from the start! And a lot more.
- Unique exercises
- Variety of information
- Catchy title
- Not as expected for some
3. The Art of Raising a Puppy
This book is a revised edition and would help you learn about dog training, canine behavior, and a lot more. The purpose of investing in a book is to get comprehensive information in one place so that you don’t have to surf the net again and again! Using this book it would be possible to get the relevant information that every dog owner should know. You can check out the details to know more about this book!
- Dog training
- Helpful for dog owners
- Guide on raising a puppy
- Not as expected for a few
2. Lucky Dog Lessons
Looking at the title, you can expect that it would be possible to train your dog in just 7 days! In fact, such titles are quite catchy and would instantly grab your attention whether you are finding a book online or in a physical store. The author of the book is basically a celebrity dog trainer and thus, you would naturally be inclined to get your hands on this book. Getting this book would be like you have struck a gold mine. Read the details for more information.
- Celebrity dog trainer author
- Easy to follow
- 7 days for training
- Only a few readers not satisfied with the results.=
1. Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution
This book can you train your dog through various tips, tricks, and exercises. Through this book, you would learn how you can select a suitable puppy for yourself. This book can give you information about basic training. You would learn about house training and a lot more! When selecting a book, it’s best to read what topics are covered as it would help you understand what to expect from the content.
- Dog training tips, tricks, and exercise
- Basic training and health care essentials
- Housetraining and a lot more
- Not as expected for a few
If you are searching for the best dog training books, the guide above based on buyer reviews and book relevant details can be of help! With the help of such books, it would be possible for you to train your dogs in the best possible way. Nowadays, there is tons of information available online, but with the help of a book, it would be possible for you to get all the information in one place.
Best Pet Pro is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through our links. We only review products that we trust and recommend. Visit our detailed disclaimer to learn more.